The IRA Charitable Rollover is available again in 2013
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 extended the popular IRA charitable rollover provision to the end of 2013 so you may make tax-free distributions from your IRA to Memorial Medical Center all year long.
Donors age 70½ or older are eligible so take advantage of this limited opportunity, and you can:
- Move up to $100,000 from a traditional IRA directly to a qualified charity
- Satisfy requirements for your annual required minimum distributions (RMD)
- Avoid federal, and in many cases, state income taxes
- Provide critical support of the Memorial Medical Center department or clinical service of your choosing
We encourage you to act today as this law will expire December 31, 2013. The transfer must be made from your IRA administrator directly to us. You may use the letter provided to inform your administrator of your intentions. (click here)
Of course we suggest as always that you consult with your own tax accountant or attorney, but if you have questions about how this provision of the new tax law can help those we serve at Memorial Medical Center, please contact Memorial’s Vice President, Development, Bob Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-845-3633.
Note: The Charitable IRA rollover extension is federal law; state and local law my not provide the same benefits.
WAYS TO GIVE
Your support is vital for Memorial Medical Center to maintain the scope and highest quality of medical care available in this area. There is a variety of ways to express your personal charitable interests through the Memorial Medical Center Foundation. The following are the most common.
Immediate Gift - Now
- Cash or Check (check payable to Memorial Medical Center Foundation)
- Pledge – Over a period of time (usually 3 years)
- Charge to your major credit card
- Transfer securities or real estate
- Attend our special events
- Host a Special Event - For information on hosting an event benefiting the Foundation, please contact (231) 845-3633 or email email@example.com.
- Direct memorials to us when a loved one passes away
- Honor a special friend on a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday
- Express appreciation to a special caregiver by making a gift in their name
- Gifts in Kind - Material items or services needed for a project or event that are donated free of charge or at cost are also appreciated.
- Host an Outreach Gathering - These informal gatherings are held in private homes. If you would enjoy hosting one of these events in your home, please contact the Foundation at (231) 845-3633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deferred Gift - Later (Click here for more information)
- Bequest in your Will (Sample language available by calling (231) 845-3633)
- Charitable Trust or Life Income Arrangements that provide you income and make a gift later
- Life Estates (give your primary resident or vacation home, but continue to use it until a later date)
- Revocable Trust Beneficiary
- Beneficiary Designations - Insurance Policies or Retirement Plans
Monthly Giving Plan
If you're looking for a convenient and efficient way to provide financial support to the Memorial Medical Center Foundation, please consider joining other Memorial supporters by making your tax-deductible contributions on a monthly basis. Your recurring contribution provides essential support to Memorial’s ongoing work of providing exceptional healthcare services to everyone in our community. Monthly giving provides a steady and cost-effective source of income for us -- because your monthly donation is processed automatically it helps us reduce our costs. Click here for a Printable Form to mail.
Memorial Medical Center currently hosts the annual Benefit Ball in August of each year. Proceeds from the Benefit Ball are being directed to the Facilities Improvement Project. Your sponsorship at any level assists us in reducing the costs of staging the Benefit Ball thus allowing more of the proceeds to directly impact the project. Click here for a printable Sponsorship Reservation Form.
WHAT CAN I GIVE?
- Stocks or other marketable securities
- Closely held stock
- Real Estate, vacation homes, vacant land, primary home
- Personal property, cars, boats, antiques, jewelry
- Insurance Policies
- Undivided Interests in real estate
Many employers have established matching gift programs that allow for an employee’s gift to be matched in greater, lesser or equal amounts by the employer based on certain criteria.
Matching gift policies vary from company to company.
Here are some questions you may wish to ask your employer’s Human Resources Department:
- Does my employer match gifts I make to my hospital?
- Will your employer match gifts made by your spouse or partner?
If you are retired, will your last employer match gifts made by retirees?
- Will the ratio of the match increase if you are an active alumni or volunteer?
- Does your employer match gifts of securities?
Does your employer match life income gifts?
Please contact your employer’s Human Resources Department or the Memorial Medical Center Foundation Office if you require assistance in coordinating a matching gift.
GETTING IN TOUCH
We now offer convenient options for you if you would like to donate to the hospital:
1. You may contact Bob Johnson Foundation Executive Director at (231) 845-3633 or email the Foundation at email@example.com.
2. If you prefer to donate using a credit card, and wish to give the information over the phone, please contact the Memorial Medical Center Foundation at (231) 845-3633.
3. You may donate online. Donations can be made with most major credit cards and are safe and secure through PayPal. Click Here to donate online.
4. To make a gift in honor or in memory of someone contact us at 231 845-3633.