Memorial Medical Center participates in the Michigan Health and Hospital Association Keystone: Gift of Life.
Memorial Medical Center has made a commitment to add at least 500 new donors to the Gift of Life registry.
To learn more about Organ and Tissue Donation, please visit Gift of Life.
Did you know?
- Each organ donor can save up to eight lives. Each tissue donor can improve the lives of up to 50 people.
- Nearly 10,000 Michigan patients have received a life-saving organ transplant in the last 10 years.
- Cornea transplants have been successful for over 100 years and organ transplants have worked for more than 50.
- On average, 17 Michigan patients receive an organ transplant each week.
- There is no age limit for donation.
- Donation doesn't cost the donor or the donor's family anything.
- Last year, 289 organ donors provided 786 organs to waiting recipients in Michigan. A record 1,067 people became tissue donors.
Michigan residents waiting for organs
Last year, the generosity of Michigan organ donors resulted in 786 transplants and saved hundreds of lives. Michigan patients waiting for a transplant: