After your discharge follow your doctor’s specific instructions.
Your anesthesiologist also recommends the following:
- Begin with liquids and light foods, progress to your normal diet if you are not nauseated. NO alcoholic beverages for 24 hours.
- If you are nauseated, remain on clear liquids until it passes.
- If the nausea persists for any length of time notify your physician.
- Rest the day of surgery.
- You may feel sleepy when you get home.
- You may resume normal activities on the day following surgery unless otherwise indicated by your physician.
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery for 24 hours or until instructed by your physician.
- Do not make important personal or legal decisions for 24 hours.
- Move cautiously.
- You may feel dizzy if you make sudden movements.
- Notify your doctor of any unusual bleeding, discomfort, swelling, fever or any other complications.
- If you are unable to reach your doctor, call the Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital Emergency Department at 231-843-2591